Well, as a new blog, I am happy to say "Welcome to my new blog!"
I am Melinda Johnson, a Registered Dietitian in her 30-somethings, and my business is Nutrition for Slackers.
I became a dietitian just because I wanted to know how bad I could eat and still be skinny. Really, it was all about the weight. I was a chubby teenager and went on my first diet when I was about 12 years old. Food and I fought the good fight for at least a decade after that. I entered college, took a nutrition class, loved the class, and decided to make a career of it. But, I was still very conflicted about what I wanted to eat and what I was learning I should be eating. Food occupied way to much of my brain space.
Luckily, I was instructed to read a book during my internship to become a dietitian. I was spending time with a bit of a rebel RD who specialized in eating disorders. Her name is Monika Woolsey, and I plan on writing more about her views later in the blog - but for now, to learn more about her and visit her website, you can go to http://www.afterthediet.com/. Monika wanted me to read the book Intuitive Eating; for me, it was one of those books that change the way you see the world. Since then, I have become very good at practicing the non-diet approach to eating, and I love to share this approach with others.
So, on the outside, I look like a slacker when it comes to nutrition. But, it's all part of the master plan! Wanna learn more? Stay tuned!
New Address
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment